aims & objectives
Agra Club Limited is a registered company under the Indian Companies Act 1913 and the objects for which the company is established are as follows:
To establish, or to take over, carry on and maintain at all times hereafter, in an efficient manner, a social and residential Club, in the Cantonment of Agra, in the district of the same name in U.P. India and a branch or branches of the said Club at any such other place or places as the company may from time to time, or at any time or times hereafter, deem to be beneficial or fit for the use, relaxation, convenience and comfort of the members for the time being of the Company, or any of them, and of any person who may for the time being, under the Articles of Association for the time being of the Company, be entitled to exercise all or any of the rights and privileges of the such membership.
From Time to Time
- To provide for the purposes of the Company, suitable lands, buildings and other accommodation, both general and residential, at the Club established at Agra and at any branch of the Club which mat at any time hereafter be established elsewhere, including the provision of libraries, reading rooms and other convenient public rooms and residential quarters, offices, outhouses and all other necessary subsidiary buildings and structures and gardens, sports and pleasure grounds and the like.
- To purchase or take on lease or otherwise acquire and hold such lands and buildings as may be necessary or expedient for all and any of the purposes of the Company, or which can be beneficially applied to the use of the same.
- To alter or add to or to dismantle, remove and erect, any building or structures for the time being owned or possessed by the Company and to erect such new buildings as the Company may, in the pursuance of its objects or any of them, deem fit.
- To purchase or otherwise acquire all such fixtures, fittings, furniture, machinery, plants, or other appliances or conveniences as may be necessary to furnish or render habitable or useful, or convenient any lands, buildings or structures for the time being owned, held, or possessed by the Company or for any of the purposes of the Company.
- To sell, lease out, exchange, or otherwise dispose of all, or any of the moveable or immoveable property of the Company for the time being.
- To borrow money for all or any of the purposes of the Company, and to make provision for the repayment of any money at any time so borrowed, whether upon the security of all or any of the moveable or immoveable property, or upon the general assets of the Company or otherwise, and whether by the issue of debentures or upon mortgage, or hypothecation or otherwise, as may be deemed most suitable, or beneficial to the Company in the pursuance of its objects or any of them.
- To invest any surplus funds of the Company, which may at any time hereafter exist, and which may not be immediately required for current purposes, in any immovable property or in any Government securities allowed by the law of trusts, or in the shares of any incorporated Companies or other securities approved by the Company, or in fixed deposit in any incorporated Banking Company having limited liability, and from time to time vary any investments any time so made, and to sell out and convert any such investments into money and to apply the same to the purposes of the Company, and
- For the purposes of the Company, as occasion may arise, to sign, endorse, transfer, or otherwise deal with any securities for the time being held by the Company, to make and execute or to enforce contracts, to execute any conveyance, mortgage deed, or other assurance and when the law so requires, to cause the same to be effectively registered and to sign, draw, make, issue, accept, endorse, transfer or discharge any cheque, bill of exchange, promissory note or other negotiable or transferable instruments.
- At any time or times to purchase, or acquire any Company or business, or any part thereof or interest therein, which may be beneficial to the Company in the pursuance of its objects, or to amalgamate with any other company having similar objects, if such amalgamation shall be deemed necessary or expedient for or advantageous to the purposes of the Company.
- From time to time to regulate by or under the Articles of Association of the Company for the time being
- The admission, suspension, removal and exclusion of the members of the Company for the time being, and any other persons who may for the time being be permitted by the regulations of the Company to exercise all or any of the rights and privileges of membership of the Club or any branch of the Club for the time being carried on by the Company.
- The entrance fees, monthly or other periodical subscriptions and other payments to be made, and
- The rights, privileges and conveniences to be enjoyed by, and the obligations to be imposed upon such members and persons as aforesaid.
- From time to time to make regulations for the management of the property, business and affairs of the Company and to add to, vary or cancel any regulations at any time so made, and
- Generally to do all such other things as are incidental or conductive to the attainment of the above mentioned objects or any of them.
The liability of the members is limited.Every member of the Company undertakes to contribute to the assets of the Company in the event of the same being wound up during the time that he is a member or within one year afterwards for payment of the debts and liabilities of the Company contracted before he ceases to be a member, and the costs, charges and expenses of winding up the same and for the adjustment of the rights of the contributories amongst themselves, such amount as may be required not exceeding the sum of rupees fifty.